Frequently Asked Questions
How are the goods delivered and what are the charges?
We use national distribution agents, currently:
- most spares and small items for the UK are sent By Royal Mail recorded delivery
- standard parcels to England/Wales mainland usually go with DpdLocal or UPS. Parcels to other UK destinations go with Parcelforce.
- large and fragile items to mainland UK destinations either use our own transport or a specialist carrier.
- overseas orders are usually shipped with UPS, DPD or other high quality couriers depending upon the country, all orders outside of Europe go by air
For current charges enter your delivery address once items are in your basket charges will vary depending upon the size, weight and nature of your items and your delivery location. Key features as follows:
- small spares to the UK Mainland standard delivery charge £5.95
- standard parcels to the UK mainland where order total above £200 are free delivery.
- we do ship many items worldwide and agree delivery charges individually.
How long for delivery?
In most cases orders received before 3pm on a working day will be shipped on the same day. We aim to have full stock for most manufacturers (especially spares) including Grohe, Aqualisa, Salamander, Stuart Turner, Mira, Trevi, Ideal Standard, Shades, Saniflo. However some items will take a little longer:
- Only the more popular Hansgrohe items are held as stock, allow up to 8 working days for non-stock items.
- Barber Wilson items are often made to order and depending upon the size of the queue and availabilty of component this can take between 2 and 6 weeks
- Vogue have an exceptionally large range of towel warmers, we stock popular models, uncommon items are often shipped direct from the manufacturer
- AFFINITY furniture is often made to order with delivery direct from the manufacturer in 10 days.
- Fragile goods are delivered by specialist carrier (eg bathroom suites, bathroom furniture, shower enclosures, etc.....). Sometimes we can delivery next working day but in general allow up to 5 working days for these items. Our staff or the carrier will call you to fix a convenient time.
- Whenever an item ordered is out of stock we will contact you with the estimated date in order to confirm that you are prepared to wait.
Is your web site secure?
Buy with Confidence – Card Payments and Paypal On line.
- We use the latest technology to ensure that you are able to use your credit or debit card on line with complete confidence.
- We do that by using technology that encrypts your card number so that hackers are not able to get at your personal information, even our own staff do not have access to your card number unless we expressly request it to further verify your details, in addition to which all of our systems are firewalled for safety and compliant with GDPR requirements..
- We operate an address verification system (AVS) which is recognised by most of the major high street banks. This system enables us to run secure checks to ensure that your card is not
being used fraudulently and also means that you should ensure the details you give us are accurate.
If the details given do not match the details the card issuer holds for you, we may contact you for further information, and we would ask you to bear with us so that we can continue to offer you high standards of security.
Must I pay on Line?
- Should you prefer not to use your card (or PayPal) on line, you can telephone your order through to us and we will call you back for card details to process the payment.
- If you are unsure of how to complete your order, you may phone us and we will complete your order on line for you.
- However you choose to pay, you can be sure that protecting your privacy and the security of your payments are of paramount importance to us and even if our standards mean a little inconvenience to you at times, we hope you appreciate the lengths we go to, to protect you.
What methods of payment do you accept?
Switch, Solo, Delta, VISA and Mastercard or PayPal. Verified by VISA and Mastercard SecureCode are also active for additional authentication.
Can you supply other products not shown on your site?
There are many other products which we can supply just email us your requirements for Other Products
Where can I get advice on product technical feature?
Refer to the Links Page for in depth technical help from the manufacturers
How do I find out about guarantees?
Guarantee information is included with all despatched products. Refer directly to the manufacturer’s sites for online information. Bathroom Technology do not provide our own guarantees, this does not affect your statutory rights. We will always use best endeavors to address any problems you have contact our customer service team
How can I contact you if there is a problem
Please refer to our Contacts Page
What is your policy on refunds and returned/replaced goods?
If your items are incorrectly supplied, damaged or incomplete we will arrange replacements at no cost to you. For any isssues with your order please contact us immediately Customer Service team and we will agree all necessary arrangements for return/collection and replacement. We do strongly advise customers that using Parcel Force for returns is entirely at their own risk since in our experience their service is awful and we have committed to never use them again
There is something wrong with my order, what happens now?
Please see above for returned goods. If you have any issues with an order which has not yet been delivered then please contact us immediately Customer Service team we usually despatch orders very quickly but we will use best endeavors to amend orders prior to despatch.
How do I buy online?
- Add the products you require to your basket.
- When you have completed your shopping go to the checkout by selecting the
basket option from the top of the page.
- You will be asked to complete delivery information and card payment information.
- Within a few seconds your payment will be authorised.
- The card payment processor will send you an email confirming the payment.
- We will send you an email as confirmation of your order.
- For standard items your order will usually be despatched within 1 working day.
- Delivery will usually be within 3 working days, often sooner. In an exceptional situation where an order has not reached you within 4 working days please contact us Customer Service team so that we can trace and expedite the order.
Who are showers-direct2u ?
- We are an on-line retail shop, owned and operated by Bathroom Technology Limited, a UK limited company (reg 4687249) using UK banks and card payment agents.
- We have significant experience in the retail bathroom industry and good relationships with leading manufacturers in the UK and abroad.
- We rely on large stocks of most products promoted on our site and despatch these, and many other products, from central distribution warehouses.
Can I collect my order?
Not usually. However by special arrangement sometimes orders can be collected from one of our distribution centers (Waltham Abbey, Milton Keynes, etc) or from our administration office Woodford Green.
What happens if you don’t have my product in stock?
Our stock control system ensure that this is a most unusual situation. In the unlikely event that we cannot despatch your order immediately then we will contact you within 48 hours. You will receive a full refund from us immediately if you are not happy to wait for our next delivery.
Some special orders will be despatched directly from the manufacturer, in this case the delivery timescales will be included in your quotation prior to purchase.
Do you have any shops or showrooms?
Sorry no, showers-direct2u.co.uk is an on-line shop geared to providing the keenest prices. Our products are shipped from central distribution warehouses.
Are you a manufacturer?
No we are an independent on-line retail shop owned and operated by Bathroom Technology Limited. This shop is focussed on supplying high quality bathroom and shower products manufactured by GROHE, HansGrohe, Ideal Standard, Trevi, Barber Wilson, Aqualisa, Vogue and other leading manufacturers.
Where is the `small print`? See our Terms of Business for standard legal stuff. We always do our best especially where there are problems, if we make mistakes we admit it. Whilst we are commercially minded company like any other we are not here to take advantage and always try to give good value. We aim to treat customers as we would expect to be treated ourselves.